- Biles, M.L., & Plass, J.L. (2016). Good badges, evil badges? Impact of badge design on learning from games." In Muilenburg, L.Y., & Berge, Z.L. (eds.) Digital badges in education: Trends, issues, and cases (pp. 39-52), New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis.
- Kim, B. (2014). Understanding gamification. Library Technology Reports, 51(2), 1-36.
- Nicholson, S. (2012) Strategies for meaningful gamification: Concepts behind transformative play and participatory museums. Proceedings of Meaningful Play, Lansing, MI.
- Nicholson, S. (2012). Completing the Experience: Debriefing in Experiential Educational Games. In the Proceedings of The 3rd International Conference on Society and Information Technologies. Winter Garden, Florida:International Institute of Informatics and Systemics. 117-121.
Gamification in Business
Gamification in Education
- Quest2Learn (Kim)
- EteRNA Commercial tabletop games for education - see Mayer, B., & Harris, C. (2010). Libraries got game: Aligned learning through modern board games. Chicago: American Library Association.
Gamification for Health & Safety
Gamification in Libraries and Museums
- Lemontree, Ann Arbor District Library, and Pierce County Library System
- Dewey Dare
- Find the Future: Game Trailer and Mini-Documentary
- Engaging Millennials with Gamification: Gabe Zichermann at TEDxBroadway
- Changing the Game in Education: Gabe Zichermann at TEDxBerlin
- The Future of Creativity and Innovation is Gamification: Gabe Zichermann at TEDxVilnius